Monday 22 July 2013

The Makeup: Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up





Aren't we all forever looking for that quick base that will instantly give you a flawless complexion? Well ladies and gents, I believe I've found the one for me. 

The Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up is a powder that can be used either as a foundation when applied with a sponge or used as a setting powder when used with a brush. I prefer to sweep this all over my skin with a sponge, and voila in one step my base is almost done. Just a touch of concealer under my eyes, a bit of bronzer and I'm ready to go. I love the quite matte finish it gives me without looking cakey. This is perfect for my oily/combo skin. It lasts pretty much all day and it really helps with shine. The compact is also really handy to carry around with you during the day or when clubbing, to perk yourself up or to make your skin more matte. However don't layer it up too much or you will end up looking really cakey. If you really suffer from sebum overproduction, I would suggest blotting your skin with blotting paper instead of re-applying powder all the time.

The powder comes in nine different shades, there are 3 light shades, 3 medium shades and 3 deep shades. I have the lightest shade within the medium category, called 'Honey, I'm cute as a bunny'. The other good thing about this powder is you can use it as a setting powder over the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW liquid foundations. They have the exact same shades in both the powders and the liquid foundations. The liquid foundation is a bit more dewy and glowing, so probably better for the drier skinned gals amongst you. I'm pretty sure the powder wouldn't work for you guys, it would just cling to dry patches.

So that's me sorted on the base front for a while. If you have any recommendations though for bases for oily skins do let me know! Have any of you tried this number? Did you get a long with it?


Love, Alissia x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x