Saturday 27 July 2013

The Hair: Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique



In February, I wanted to get my hair ombréd but I didn't feel like paying a lot of money for it. So I ended up going to a 'hair school'. It's a sort of salon where only students that are learning to become a hairdresser work. I'd been there before and I'd never had any problems, so I felt confident they were going to do my ombre properly. After about three hours, three students and 156 knots later, I came out with this hair. 



Let's just say it wasn't quite the look I was going for. The students had only used bleach on it, and they bleached all my hair the same amount of time, so there wasn't really an 'ombre effect', it was more like two-tone hair. After that I decided to get my hair fixed by a proper hairdresser and so she coloured over the top of it and created more of an ombre effect. It wasn't perfect either, but I was happy. 

Point of the story is, after having all those things done to my hair it was in a pretty bad state and I felt the need to care for it even more. So that's where the Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique comes in. It's a cream like heat protectant you can put in damp or dry hair to protect your hair against the heat from styling tools. It's also very nourishing and makes my ends a little less dry. I really feel this has saved my hair from becoming even more damaged. I also love the fact that it doesn't make my hair feel crisp like some other spray heat protectants can. Apart from the heat protectant aspect, it also makes your hair smell gorgeous, which is an added bonus. 

If any of you have any other recommendations for damaged hair, please let me know! 


Love, Alissia x

1 comment:

  1. ah no way! someone else who's had an indifferent opinion on ombreing hair! I ombre-d mine using L'oreal's one back in January and had major concerns cus my hair is practically black! luckily it turned out okay but i want to go over it again, professionally this time though! i also really worried about my hair's quality too for a while so it's nice to read up on this!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x