Monday 29 July 2013

The Face: Micellar Waters



Micellar waters have been the new way to cleanse your skin for some time now. Probably the most famous one out of the bunch is the Bioderma Créaline H2O, and I too adore that one, but I did want to try a few other ones.


So I picked up the This Works Clean Skin 5-in-1 Water from FeelUnique some time ago after reading some good reviews about it. I have to say that was a big mistake. Not only is it a very pricey micellar water, I don't find it a particularly good one either. It takes off your face makeup perfectly well, but boy don't make the mistake of taking your eye makeup off with it, because let me tell you IT STINGS. I for one think that is very inconvenient, I don't feel like faffing around with different makeup removers while cleansing, I just want one product that will do the whole job. Also the packaging of the This Works micellar water is annoyingly tall, it doesn't fit on my shelves and just sits their on top off my cupboard and it takes up a ton of space while travelling.

After trying the This Works one, I picked up the Bioderma Sébium H2O, which is the sister of the Bioderma Créaline H2O formulated for oily skin. Seeing as I have oily skin I thought I would give it a try. Makeup removal wise it does a perfect job, only again as the This Works Clean Skin one it stings your eyes. Now this is my own mistake for not reading the packaging properly twice, because it doesn't actually say anywhere that it is okay to use on your eyes. Still I find it incredibly annoying to use different cleansers for different parts of your face. Aside from that, I also felt that the Bioderma Sébium H2O left my skin feeling a bit stripped sometimes.

All in all, my favourite micellar water still is the Bioderma Créaline H2O, it's just the easiest one and just as effective as the other two. I know it's hard to get a hold off in some countries, but in Belgium it's readily available at IU.

Have you tried a micellar water yet? Which one is your favourite?


Love, Alissia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x